Protecting Patients and Expanding Health Care Options
Fixing America’s Health Care System
Health care is broken in the United States. Why? Massive red tape, a market devoid of transparency, and perpetual government expansions have caused costs to skyrocket, pushing everyday Americans and their families out of the market entirely.
And the “answer” many politicians push on the nation is a poison pill: a government-controlled, one-size-fits-all program. But Americans do not need even more bureaucracy or a system that promotes dependency—they need real solutions that provide options, transparency, and lower costs.
And now is the time. In 2022, the average health insurance premium was more than $6,000 per person. Reforms must be advanced that reflect good policy, practical politics, and address voters’ biggest concerns.
More Options. More Transparency. More Affordability.
- Expand non-profit health plans and health-sharing options.
- Allow association health plans for small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Allow individual, renewable, short-term plans that last up to a year.
- Allow patients to form direct health care arrangements—without insurance.
- Enforce price transparency for hospitals, insurers, and prescription drugs.
- Allow individuals who choose low-cost, high-value providers to share savings with their insurers, even when the providers are out of network.
- Expand volunteer care by allowing all health professionals to donate free care to uninsured individuals in exchange for continuing education credit.
- Require tax-exempt hospitals to meet the obligations of charity care.
To solve these problems, FGA is promoting innovative, free-market-based health care reforms in the states and in Washington, D.C. to help Americans choose the coverage that is best for them.
Americans Deserve New Health Options—And Policymakers Can Deliver
Affordability is a concern for many Americans, with nearly 30M uninsured due to high costs. Since ObamaCare, individual market premiums doubled.READ MORE
The Biden Administration Drops Its Foolish Resistance to Drug-Price Transparency
After years of skyrocketing costs, lower prescription drug prices are coming — despite President Biden’s efforts to force Americans to keep paying more.READ MORE
Four Ways Congress Can Help Lower Health Insurance Costs
ObamaCare disrupts insurance markets, raising premiums. A new FGA report suggests parallel risk pools and other solutions for affordable care.READ MORE
FGA Praises the Bipartisan Reintroduction of the Promising Pathway Act
This week, Senator Mike Braun (R-IN) reintroduced the Promising Pathway Act (PPA). The PPA is a bipartisan, commonsense reform that would provide early access to potentially lifesaving or beneficial treatments, biologics, or drugs to those suffering from rapidly progressing life-threatening or terminal illnesses.READ MORE
Our Protecting Patients and Expanding Health Care Options Solutions
Latest Protecting Patients and Expanding Health Care Options Research
At FGA, we don’t just talk about changing policy—we make it happen.
By partnering with FGA through a gift, you can create more policy change that returns America to a country where entrepreneurship thrives, personal responsibility is rewarded, and paychecks replace welfare checks.