Gov. Sanders’ Transformational Education Plan Charts a Bold New Future for Arkansas Students and Parents
- BY FGA
FGA praises the governor’s bold leadership to fundamentally improve early childhood education, parental empowerment, career readiness, and strengthen the educator workforce.
NAPLES, FL – Today, the Foundation for Government Accountability (FGA) praised the sweeping new education reform package introduced by Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders (R-Arkansas).
The Arkansas LEARNS package includes:
- Parental empowerment: Giving parents the transparency, transportation, resources, and options they need to direct their kids’ education.
- Universal school choice: Every Arkansas family will be able to choose the best school for their kids.
- Early childhood education: Providing early literacy screenings with programs to help kids catch up.
- Strengthening the educator workforce: A minimum starting teacher salary of $50,000 and pay raises to teachers making less, along with a teacher merit bonus of $10,000 for teachers who excel.
- Career readiness: Education focused on equipping student with the tools they need to succeed.
“It is hard to overstate the transformational impact Governor Sanders’ education plan will have on Arkansas students and parents. It is the biggest, boldest conservative education reform in the country,” said Nick Stehle, native Arkansan and vice president of communications at FGA. “Gov. Sanders’ plan to unleash education freedom will make Arkansas a national model. She is launching our state into a brighter future.”
“Education is the gateway to opportunity, and under Gov. Sanders’ bold leadership, the next generation of students, educators, and workers will have the tools they need to achieve their American Dream,” Stehle added.
The Foundation for Government Accountability (FGA) is a non-profit, multi-state think tank that promotes public policy solutions to create opportunities for every American to experience the American Dream. To learn more, visit TheFGA.org.