FGA Responds to Trump Administration’s FY 2019 Budget Proposal
- BY FGA
Washington, D.C. — The Foundation for Government Accountability (FGA) applauds the health care and welfare reforms detailed in the 2019 budget proposal released today by the Trump administration.
The budget includes key measures that will ensure the integrity of welfare programs, empower able-bodied adults to move from welfare to work, and repeal ObamaCare.
“This proposal highlights the administration’s commitment to freeing individuals from the trap of dependency through work and safeguarding the integrity of our welfare programs implementing mechanisms to guarantee that valuable resources are preserved for the truly needy,” said Tarren Bragdon, President and CEO of FGA.
- Strengthens work requirements across programs to move more able-bodied adults from welfare to work
- Eliminates loopholes that let millionaires receive welfare
- Improves program integrity to preserve resources for the truly needy
- Increases child support enforcement
- Repeals and replaces ObamaCare
The Foundation for Government Accountability is a non-profit, multi-state think tank that specializes in health care, welfare, and work reform. To learn more, visit TheFGA.org.